Seventy percent of people in America use social media. That figure is up almost a quarter since 2016, according to Social Media Week. Did you know that after seeing an advertisement for a product on Facebook, over three-quarters of millennials make the purchase online or in the store? If you are not reaching out to these customers, then how many people are you missing?
Social Media Marketing Facts
2.8 billion people use social media sites every day
- 83 percent of women using social media are on Facebook every day
- Facebook is the best chance to reach out to audiences with millennials and Generation X'ers
- YouTube get close to two million views on video feeds every single minute
- Instagram is thriving the most among social media sites
- More than half of the people on Instagram track and follow brands
- Most of the people on Twitter are under the age of 30
- Pinterest referrals influence up to ten percent of site purchases
- Pinterest has the most lasting reach of the major social media outlets
- Almost half of the people who use LinkedIn make $75,000 or more annually
- Reddit users are mainly male and typically age 30 and under
Customer Service is the Key to Growth
According to Forbes, social media can help a brand reach customers and interact with them fast. That conversation is what customers want. Instant access, quick problem resolution, and fun conversations that they can share with family and friends are what social media users look for in exchange for loyalty. By taking care of these customers, your business can keep consumers and get free word of mouth advertising when he or she shares your post on personal pages.
Gain Market Share By Creating Business Mobile Apps
Mobile apps and social media marketing help your business reach more potential customers. Did you know that a third of all business transactions in the United States transpire on cell phones? Not only do you need to market on social media, but your brand has to have an app to be competitive. If not, then you lose out on a third of the customers within your reach. Can your firm survive by not reaching out to 30 percent of the population?
Boost Your Presence on Social Media
To reach your target audiences, whether millennials or baby boomers, requires tons of research and strict oversight. Hiring a specialist is one way that you can get the most out of your social media marketing investment. Choosing someone with a human resource degree or experience managing social media campaigns is an excellent place to start when looking at resumes. Sites like Google and Bing regularly update the algorithms they use to rank companies making SEO a significant factor in how well you do. If you do not have the time to keep up with the changes, then adding another employee or outsourcing this take can be the most beneficial thing for your brand.
Social Media Sites Offering the Best Exposure
Social media is here to stay, and so are mobile apps because people are always on the go. Reaching out to consumers on the platform they are the most comfortable using is the best way to get your brand found online. Not marketing on social media sites can cost you a third of your potential business.